Saturday, July 18, 2009

Meet Holga fun, part 2

I got the second roll of my Holga photos back the other day. The roll was Fuji Reala ISO 100, a film I've known to be a bit hyper-saturated. Unfortunately, as indicated by ten of the 12 images, I have lost my sense of light metering and had no idea how much light was really needed for a proper exposure with such a low ISO. I blame my extensive work last semester with the Nikon D3 and nighttime/indoor photography. The good news is, however, that I made two pictures that were properly exposed. So, here they are:

Photobucket
This is the view from out my bedroom window, during a sunset that peeked through after one of our many summer rain storms.

Photobucket
This is the Stonewall Inn in Greenwich Village. This landmark, like a lot of the points of interest I've seen in the city, was one I stumbled upon almost accidentally. Everywhere you go here, there's something historical or interesting or both. (The other day while waiting for my bus to Boston, I found myself standing outside the death place of Nikola Tesla, one day before his birthday.)

No comments: