Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Meet suffrage!

When I woke up this morning to both my phone alarm going off and NPR blaring from my clock radio at 5 a.m., the first thing I remember hearing was the announcer saying "It's here! The election is finally here!" I had the same feeling. I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited to vote - I haven't been this excited about anything in a long time, including starting grad school. How grand to be present on a great day in our country's history.

Because my mother said she is always one of the first in line at her polling place, I made it my goal to do the same. I was the first official voter in my precinct and cast the second officially tallied ballot. Below are some (pretty terrible) photographs of my voting experience, from seeing some fellow grad students groggily stroll in through getting my free "thanks for voting" coffee at Starbucks. I am guarding my "I Voted" sticker with my life.

Photobucket
Me, Vivian and Wendy, pumped that the day has finally arrived.
Photobucket
Up before dawn, making my voice heard.
Photobucket
I voted and you should too!

No comments: