Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Meet Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Continuing along with summer wedding posts, here are pictures from when my friends Emily and Austin got married in August. Though they live in NYC now, they tied the knot in our home state of Iowa and were kind enough to schedule their wedding on a day that let those of us in town for the wedding also hit up the Iowa State Fair. (And if you're from Iowa, you know how big of a deal the fair is.)

I've known both of these kids since middle school--14 years total--and actually knew them both independently before they started dating at the end of our senior year. Again, it was so cool to reconnect with our high school crew and to see a couple so happy and in love. The reception was amazing and I was too busy dancing and laughing to take many pictures, though I think the shot of their first dance together is my favorite.

Photobucket
The ceremony.

Photobucket
Picture time!

Photobucket
I really loved those ties.

Photobucket
Such simple elegance - the whole wedding was gorgeous.

Photobucket
I think this sums them up pretty well.

Photobucket
This picture always makes me laugh.

Photobucket
Aw...

No comments: